On Being a Writer and Making Sustainable Profits from My Business

That picture is from one of those moments when I figured out a selfie would represent what was running un-clearly in my mind. I would be always out and about here in New York City (NYC) where I have been based for the past 10 years. Among accomplishments I've completed, I've been able to grow, expand my online business while I have been doing part-time jobs to continuously provide for fodder to folders in my mind where I draw materials to write about. Hence, this posting is one of those very pleasurable days when I have finally been able to write and share something here online (again). I continue to write for my own pleasure. I really just want to read and write, practically almost everyday. But that's not possible right away if I choose to live and stay very well here in NYC. Yesterday's unplanned meet-up with a couple of retired Filipino teachers who have their own house somewhere in a relatively expensive neighborhood in Queens, NYC has mainly prompted this posting, which I haven't done in a while.

The couple and myself were soon sharing our thoughts about lost, missed opportunities that have come our respective ways. They were soon arguing about missing the boat from having refused to buy more houses and lots while they were still employed full-time as teachers. They were thinking that it would have made sense wealth-wise to buy, own, rent-out houses and lots here. Oh, well, I kept most thoughts about such missed opportunities in mind. It's precisely why I have been building, growing, and making profits from my online business, including my Market America online franchise business. So far, these efforts have been churning out good results. It's the business plan (or the Management Performance Compensation Plan) of this online franchise that has got me really pursuing and growing this area of my being an entrepreneur here. We're talking about creating residual income here paid to me every week---just let me know if you want to know more about this as this is mainly another topic that needs volumes of writing to clarify.

I've felt sorry for the daughter of the couple who I learned from the parents had wanted to become a journalist. They discouraged her to pursue that kind of career. Earlier in the talk, I was telling them about my non-desire to become a journalist-----I want to be a writer and to be able to read and write as much as I can. I've come into terms with my illusions that I've discovered and uncovered in my efforts to become a writer. And I see how well meaning relatives, friends and strangers inadvertently put me down when I tell them I'm a writer. Fortunately, I've come into terms with those attitudes, too. They're mainly projecting themselves, specifically their frustrations, to me when they realize I am able to do exactly what I want versus what they have been experiencing themselves in pursuing the accomplishment of their own dreams. And these people include the couple of teachers I've mentioned earlier. I even heard them say that Filipinos are really very good as service providers, so it makes sense to just follow the same path. Of course, it makes sense.

But that kind of paradigm has been an ongoing path of failure for the past 3 or 5 generations now. It just simply does not work anymore. Of course you can still use it mainly to gain experience with life as failure is always among the best teachers out there. Given the advent of technology, the internet, freely and more open sharing of information, and the removal of borders (imaginary and otherwise) that have happened in the world over, such paradigms about doing full time jobs, looking for stable jobs, being employed full time won't work nowadays so you can enable yourselves to pursue your dreams. You'd have to spare at least 45 years of your life doing full time jobs and you'd end up having missed a lot of opportunities.

I will admonish you to take more risks, whatever they are in whichever form in your own universe. Take courage and keep on going with every moment of your life. As for me, I am grateful I've taken the steps to identify, and work on my own paradigm that I have identified so I can accomplish my goals to eventually spend most of my time reading and writing. Gradually, I have been able to do that again. One evidence is that I'm able to post here again. Thank you for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Annoying Scam of a "GMAIL" Message Telling Me That My Email Address Will Be Deleted! The Nerve!!!

On Airplanes, Airports That I Love Going To......

Where Do I Start Moving On From The Tragic Demise of A Very Good Friend?