On Hurting Myself Inadvertently, With No One to Blame, and Moving On

I've faced one of those situations in life, probably common to others as well, where I was the one who hurt myself unintentionally, and with no one clearly to blame except myself, I had no option but to quickly move on. But believe me, it still hurts and I still see the wound that is still healing somewhere on my body. One example of such life events took place where I was doing laundry in the basement by myself then. The space was tiny with all the washers and dryers lined up on one side and there's just enough space for a person to walk back and forth while doing the laundry.

At the other side of the rectangular space is the enclosed metallic board box where part of electrical systems can been seen inside when you open it. I think you use them mainly for switches in case power interruptions take place. It's on that part of the wall but its 4 somewhat pointed edges are exposed and could be seen right away by anyone inside that laundry space. I was just making a few steps to move my already-washed laundry to one of the dryers, and I would soon see my right upper hip hitting one of the lower, somewhat roughly sharpened edges of the board box. In a moment, I felt pain and sore as I would realize I just hurt myself. Some blood drops came out of my side. I saw a tiny, deep wound but I quickly collected myself and went about my tasks.

I made a remark about it to one of my friends who noticed the tiny bruise that showed prominently in that part of my exposed skin somewhere along my right hip side. Oh, well, I tried to explain what happened. I did something careless, I said, among other things. And, of course, I couldn't completely ignore it. Some message could be learned from it.

Today, when I came to the same space again, I've acted more responsibly. I've been more careful this time. I won't get into a similar situation again. Oh, well, I've moved on. 
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Annoying Scam of a "GMAIL" Message Telling Me That My Email Address Will Be Deleted! The Nerve!!!

On Airplanes, Airports That I Love Going To......

Where Do I Start Moving On From The Tragic Demise of A Very Good Friend?