On Reading 'Your First Year In Network Marketing'

If you've been engaged in any form of network marketing these days, you'll be helped a lot by reading this book by Mark Yarnell and Rene Reid Yarnell: Your First Year In Network Marketing. I've been doing and working on my franchise business with Market America / shop.com for nearly a year then when I got the chance to hear about this book from one of the leading partners who came to town in Flushing, Queens to share his experience. And so I was prevailed to order my copy and begun reading it as soon as my second hand copy arrived. It's an easy read but I didn't finish reading it right away because I got myself caught up in activities I've been doing for my online businesses as I continue doing my part-time jobs mainly for cash flow reasons, in addition to a long list of books I've been reading as well because I'm a writer and a bookseller. 

As expected, the book didn't really cover much about Market America and its difficult-to-copy compensation plan. It wasn't really covering much about the binomial structure that is found in Market America, so I can't say much about it along these areas. The book provides ample materials for an overview on what happens when you decide and become a network marketer. 

But, on the overall, the book has helped open my eyes to the difficult-to-see nuances that are only familiar to those who are engaged actively in network marketing. I've been engaged in network marketing even when I was back in the Philippines, and I did relatively well doing retailing (considering the relatively expensive pricing of the products I used to share to my clients). But it's only when I got my franchise business with Market America that I've started building my teams, which I can only do in my left and right legs, structurally. What the book discusses include those other structures found in other network marketing companies, which I've come to fairly understand and appreciate. And I've seen that the main reason why I didn't attempt to build my organization when I was doing network marketing with the other companies was that I was really confused about the set-ups, even if I have spent time studying them and listening to other partners share their explanations on those complicated compensation structures they offer. Looking back, I simply couldn't really memorize nor appreciate those complicated structures, even if they're being explained by successful marketers. However, in Market America, I haven't encountered such problems, which got me to taking action to build my organization in my left and right legs. I'm doing good, so far, gratefully with the help of my teammates and customers.

The book also narrates how network marketing is the superior way of pursuing business-related careers, on becoming entrepreneurs, and doing nothing much of the extraordinary than what you do regularly. The latter happens because each network marketer contributes and does only a part of what is necessary for certain positive outcomes to happen -- you don't necessarily need superstars (most of them fade away in due time, anyway), and you see right away that it's the accumulated effects of ongoing team efforts that contribute for common goals to be realized. Implicitly, the use of network marketing techniques is much effective, when done right, in getting what you want in life in the long run. It's never a get-rich-quick-scheme or if you're seeing otherwise, you're probably doing something that is not the real thing.

The book gives very helpful tips that network marketers can easily validate and see happening right before their eyes if they're actively engaged in network marketing now. The reading of this book will allow them to appreciate the context and situations far more clearly than usual. It's not easy being able to be in the midst of all these very demanding activities in network marketing, and taking stops and pauses once in a while mainly to take stock of what has been happening lately. The book shows guideposts that network marketers can look for and do the appropriate actions, mainly by learning from what other successful network marketers have done before. The authors themselves have done network marketing, and they're sharing what they've gained and learned.

Mind you, you can never ignore the supremacy of network marketing these days anymore as the main framework in offering your products and services to the market. This is difficult to consider seriously, especially, if you still choose to keep yourself employed in traditional organizations to get yourself cash flow for your living requirements. Of course, traditional organizations will, understandably, continue to send out disparaging remarks on the operations of network marketing organizations. You don't even have to go far, as you'll hear such remarks even from your family, loved ones, relatives, friends who have known you for some significant time. They simply just don't get it, the reasons for such the book explains very well. 

More so, the book reminds the harassed network marketer that it's basically a matter of timing when it comes to doing the much dreaded activities involving prospecting, recruiting and sponsoring. You just have to be very clear about your goals, and have to take consistent every day action on the details on your action plans. Such idea on goal setting and creating action plans have not been discussed fully in the book (or I must have missed or forgotten about it, if, indeed, the book has covered the topic, too), but, still, network marketers can take away a lot of valuable lessons from first hand experiences described in the book.

By the way, the book also reminds network marketers not to give up. Be consistent as you go about taking action now. And be strategic, read this book now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Annoying Scam of a "GMAIL" Message Telling Me That My Email Address Will Be Deleted! The Nerve!!!

On Airplanes, Airports That I Love Going To......

Where Do I Start Moving On From The Tragic Demise of A Very Good Friend?