Moving On with Market America / shop.com as Best Demonstrated by Dennis Franks

In August 1987, Franks was indicted on federal drug charges as part of a so-called "Yuppie" drug ring allegedly operated by a Philadelphia dentist from 1981 to 1983. In September 1987, Franks pleaded guilty to distributing cocaine and conspiring to distribute cocaine. He admitted that he had participated in a drug ring that had sold cocaine to Philadelphia Eagles football players. In November 1988, Franks was "spared a prison sentence" and instead was ordered to spend 52 weekends in a community treatment facility, allowing him to continue with his job in Monterey, California, where he had moved.


In 1999, Franks was one of the first group to be inducted into the Behtel Park High School Hall of Fame.


Franks was later employed as an executive vice president at Market America, an Internet marketing and product brokerage company. At Market America, he helped develop the company's "Mall Without Walls™" and supported its "health professional program, nutraMetrix®" an its weight management program, "Transitions Lifestyle System®."
The above came from Wikipedia.org and I was first surprised reading it after I came home from the Regional 2 Convention with my partners, speakers and other guests for our franchise business with Market America. With other participants, we spent hours listening to Dennis Franks, whose expertise and knowledge about the franchise business I greatly admire. Did I get bothered by what I read about him? Not a bit. It got me into thinking and finally writing this blog posting. 

I see that Dennis Franks is, indeed, one of the best examples of those leaders who have best demonstrated what they teach their followers. They continue to learn, grow, improve themselves, and (most importantly to me), move on with the ups and downs of life in general. It just happened that Mr. Franks' share with what life threw him one time so many years ago involved what was described above in that Wikipedia.org entry. 

What matters most especially is that he has moved on. The fact about his interesting experience has been noted down somewhere. But it doesn't really matter much now as Mr. Franks has re-invented himself into a very successful entrepreneur, executive, leader, manager, teacher whom most of us would probably like to emulate in our respective lives as we go about facing our own demons. He has long forgiven himself for making those mistakes before --- I like to believe from what I've heard from him. I'm grateful to have known him through this business we share. I'm more proud now and have a much more stronger belief that my Market America business franchise is the right vehicle I could use to accomplish my goals and action plans. And here's wishing the best to everyone reading this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Annoying Scam of a "GMAIL" Message Telling Me That My Email Address Will Be Deleted! The Nerve!!!

On Airplanes, Airports That I Love Going To......

Where Do I Start Moving On From The Tragic Demise of A Very Good Friend?