The Bible as a Source of Moving On Tips and Techniques

By taking time to read the many books of the Bible, you actually don't automatically gather tips that will help you in your endeavors to move on in the many phases happening in your life now. It actually takes time to be silent and be away from the humdrum of everyday life, and then to start reading pages of the Bible. I've been doing that for many years now, whereby I read at least a chapter or so each night before I go to bed. And I remain dumbfounded during many moments and ask myself the meaning and purpose of so many of those passages I have read. 

Actually, some passages are very easy to read and understand, if you've been a book reader for some time before you started reading the Bible earnestly on your own. The Bible, admittedly, is not an easy read (mainly because it uses a classic style of writing that's not so familiar to most who would rather be doing something else rather than read the Bible, and you get a sense right away that its books were written by so many people with varying backgrounds and experience). 

By reading my copy of Maxwell's Leadership Bible, I get many very clear glimpses of how people have lived their lives before. And most of them have lived their lives in manners that made use of highly interesting approaches, which still shock me, even though I've known worst characters from so many other books I've read. Some of the characters have become favorites of mine and I would usually refer to events in their lives whenever I face my own set of challenges these days. For example, I've come to meet and know King David, God's beloved and who deliberately sent to the war front one of his best leaders so that he would be killed and would allow King David to be seen as guilt free from having impregnated his leader's very sexy wife (whom he first saw bathing in the nude from the rooftop of his palace one very hot summer day). 

But it takes practice to get acquainted to these characters and come face to face with classic life situations, which can be handy when you read the Bible, also, with readiness in your heart and mind. The process will probably open your eyes to what the characters of the Bible could be trying to tell you, make you understand, and have you apply in your life. Also, you have to complement your Bible reading with a lot of other reading materials that will try to clarify what is found in the Bible. No, I don't really pay much attention to what others talk about their readings of the Bible. They can get very distracting, actually. I relate to the Bible on a personal level. As such, I am turning the Bible into a very strong, powerful tool to help me figure out steps I have to take in my every day. 

And as others have said, the journey that you'll have to undertake when you experience reading the Bible starts by actually reading a chapter or two each day. Do that now, or if you're not convinced yet, you may start by reading my other review of the Bible, as reinterpreted by Mr. John C. Maxwell, below. 





The Maxwell Leadership Bible: Lessons in Leadership from the Word of God - New King James VersionThe Maxwell Leadership Bible: Lessons in Leadership from the Word of God - New King James Version by John C. Maxwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

For over 7 years now, I always make it a point to read a few paragraphs from this book every night :D  Of course, there are nights that I forget to remember to read from this book, but I realize that I've been so used to this practice that I end up doing again the reading the next evening before I sleep. It's one of the moments when you can allow yourself to reflect on what happened in nearly the past 24 hours, and you can use this book to serve as one of your guides.

This book, of course, is far from easy to read, as it's intimidating, and is made up of several smaller books inside its pages. And its main sources, that predate written human history, are up to now being debated, hotly contested upon by those involved in religion, or in anything that is organized as a set-up to perpetuate one individual's or a group's political position, or ranking in societies where these religions have originated from.  It's eternally inspiring, if you allow yourself to be inspired, and get yourself from being skeptic, or to say the least, scholarly with your tastes on books to read.

Maxwell has come up with his own set of annotations to better describe and explain the context of the books of the Bible, always focusing on the essence of leadership.  I am a practising Catholic myself, and I've found out some books in this Bible are missing, when I compared it with the authorized version of the Catholic Church (particularly the book of Sirach). Of course, there are a lot of books that have been left out or were not included in the processes called "Synod" by the Catholic Church where top ranking officials and Bible authorities have agreed and studied what have to be included in the Bible for many centuries now.  And as this practice continues, apparently, with some other groups, more debate and discussion ensue. I'm glad as well that the Bible when it has evolved from its un-compiled form mainly from Greek sources into its Latin version was pioneered by a saint, with the name (same as mine!), Jerome.  This so called "Latin Vulgate" which was written in the language that used to be the lingua franca of the Western World, was then the main source of the English bible, and the other versions, plus other editions of the Bible that we have now.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Annoying Scam of a "GMAIL" Message Telling Me That My Email Address Will Be Deleted! The Nerve!!!

On Airplanes, Airports That I Love Going To......

Where Do I Start Moving On From The Tragic Demise of A Very Good Friend?