Some Really Personal Thoughts on Same-Sex Marriage Being Recognized by US Federal Government After the SCOTUS Verdict

Of course, I'm perfectly happy that same-sex marriages are now officially recognized by the US Federal government after the Supreme Court of the USA has come up with its decision that came days before the annual Gay Pride Parade. I recall now the conversations that my late good friend John Kreckler made had with me about the idea of being in a same-sex marriage. You may have to come to think of it, as he and I would have been married if he's still alive today. He's basically monogamous, and viewed marriage as a sanctifying union between two persons. We had gotten to know each other really well such that we were sharing many moments of being together, sad or otherwise. We had so many concerns in our friendship and we couldn't proceed because something was holding us. I have told him about my long term partnership with someone who is still based in the Philippines. And he knew so many other facts about me, which I knew he acknowledged and accepted to be not getting in the way of our affectionate friendship. I've known so much about him too, such that I can probably write a book on him as a person, without doing much researches from outside sources to verify the facts I still keep in my mind. We did so many crazy things together, the descriptions of which will not normally be your usual topics that you probably like to learn here.

But he committed suicide a few years ago. I knew, based on our numerous talks, that he would have wanted to get married, make a life together with someone he loves, and get on with what life can still offer when one gets older and disabled (somehow). And nothing of that would be happening, mainly because he's dead. And I lost a very good prospect for someone to get married with, which is really sad and disheartening. I miss him because he knew and accepted so much about me, which are very critical if you like to make life together with someone. A marriage will definitely make this trip in life more meaningful.

And nothing of that sort will happen ever between John and myself. I have to continue letting go of his memory, and move on with my life. I'm happy now and very grateful for all the help everyone provided to get this society in this point in time and get me into knowing that I'll be marrying again (I was divorced to someone who died early in 2013) sooner or later, and this time, it will not matter much anymore if the person happens to be, biologically, a man or a woman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Annoying Scam of a "GMAIL" Message Telling Me That My Email Address Will Be Deleted! The Nerve!!!

On Airplanes, Airports That I Love Going To......

Where Do I Start Moving On From The Tragic Demise of A Very Good Friend?