Moving On: Very True! (Banned TED Talk: Nick Hanauer "Rich people don't create jobs" - YouTube)

Banned TED Talk: Nick Hanauer "Rich people don't create jobs" - YouTube:
Gratefully, I am inspired by what I heard from this guy. Yes, what he's been expounding on is truthful and factual. However, those statements are very political as well, and so I can understand why this talk has been banned (if it's true that it was indeed banned). But no matter what your political leanings are and your attitude toward his ideas, they are not really relevant here. Just consider more seriously that he's actually talking from experience.

As an entrepreneur myself (I have online businesses--- my online bookstore, my eBay.com store, my writings works, my shop.com business with Market America, among other online storefronts that I grow and maintain), I can only rightfully claim that I'm mostly a capitalist myself, i.e. I make use of the small amounts of money I make from my part-time jobs to finance and grow my businesses. To-date, I've not gone out of my way to recruit and hire people to work for me, mainly because to do so is too costly, given the small operations that my businesses have.

Of course, I can easily do more if I hire people to do work for me, in which case, some jobs will be created. But that does not mean, I'm the one creating these jobs. I'll probably be hiring people only if I see that sales figures have grown so big. I'll be needing more hands to attend to these sales, so my customers needs and wants will be met and satisfied quickly.

And if you're thinking and deluding yourself as an entrepreneur or as a full time employee who is expecting to make a 'sale', or be given payment for some services rendered or some products you are offering that soon, you have to think again. Sales do not happen in a vacuum, and a lot of factors come into play before the transaction is completed. You may even end up not getting paid at all. You'll soon realize that nothing is really for sure when you're in business---tomorrow you may lose everything (or you may even die, at the worst). As such, you may have to realize soon that creating jobs for those who may want to be employed by you in your business involves a process fraught with so many factors not under your direct control. You'll end up more harassed in the end, just because you have dreamt of creating jobs by putting up your business.

If you believe in the lie that business persons are job creators, we can do more to correct this bullshit way of thinking. Let's move on from these dubious claims. There's more meaningful reasons why we've found ourselves in business. And they're not complicated. We happened to have seen these opportunities in a different light. These reasons resonate with our being, and hence, we've proceeded to build businesses. Some people don't see the same light, so we have to leave them at that.

We have to continue moving on each day as we continue building our businesses. If ever we get, finally, all the resources and the definite demand for our products and services, then we can probably hire some help. Or we can actually choose to sell these businesses to others who may be willing to deal with the challenges of hiring, motivating, inspiring, leading those we will be employing. Or we can even use some other strategies to continue growing our businesses.


'via Blog this'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Annoying Scam of a "GMAIL" Message Telling Me That My Email Address Will Be Deleted! The Nerve!!!

On Airplanes, Airports That I Love Going To......

Where Do I Start Moving On From The Tragic Demise of A Very Good Friend?