Moving on From Getting My 'Gotham' Book Sold on Amazon.com


This may sound like an elegy for a book that I just sold through my Amazon.com online store. I've been selling my used books online since early this year - mainly because I wanted to claim space here in the house where I live. The buyer happened to be living here also in Staten Island and she wanted it delivered quick. I'll just have to ship it ASAP tomorrow, perhaps first thing in the morning. Meanwhile, I'll say goodbye to my beloved copy of 'Gotham: A History of New York City to 1898' by Edwin G. Burrows & Mike Wallace. I'm grateful it got sold soon. But I have to admit I was surprised as I know I have to be on the look-out again for a copy of this book somewhere in my usual sojourns in the streets of NYC - it has been a great reference book which I've used in a number of articles I've written todate.

If there's a book that a New Yorker has to read, it's this one. You'll understand and appreciate better the ups and downs of being here (and making a living, or pursuing the love/s of your life)) in NYC, most particularly this episode of a recession that was given a bang from the loud crash of Wall Street in 2008 - the same story runs similarly with what happened to the stock market (or what was a semblance of it) crash that was told in 'Gotham' hundreds of years ago. It also tells about the common experience of immigrants trying to lead their lives here, with what immigrants similarly experienced hundreds of years ago when they decided to come here in NYC.

Meanwhile, I'll learn to move on from losing a book that I've learned to really enjoy, use and have the utmost pleasure of reading. I can only guess this may take some time. Oh, well...








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Annoying Scam of a "GMAIL" Message Telling Me That My Email Address Will Be Deleted! The Nerve!!!

On Airplanes, Airports That I Love Going To......

Where Do I Start Moving On From The Tragic Demise of A Very Good Friend?