Where Do I Start Moving On From The Tragic Demise of A Very Good Friend?

Last Friday evening (Philippine time), a very good friend of mine (as well as the friend of many, many others) was murdered in his apartment. I got the message from another friend on Facebook. I was since then grappling with the shock, grief and anger over the whole tragedy. Gratefully, I've managed to compose a brief poem on my grief. But the sadness still continues. This friend also happened to be posting comments to several of my blogs here, the last of which came out here.
click on the title for more...

His wake for everyone else who would like to see his remains the last time takes place tomorrow and the next day in the Philippines. I've been processing the whole experience. Friends have gratefully offered helping me unload the pain, of which I'm very grateful. I just don't know where to start doing it. Maybe I'll do it one moment at a time. In God's most loving grace, He will be my comforter and companion through all these, as He has always been in the past. There's no running away from the pain in my heart and it will remain there until I've passed away myself.

I pray, too, for justice for my friend, whose murder, I hope won't just be an additional statistic to those of others before him - some of which remain unsolved to this date. Too many people have been murdered for such unknown, difficult-to-fathom range of reasons. I'll see what I can do about this, with the Lord providing me wise guidance, plus the spirit of my friend providing his usual most loving assistance.

News about his death has been reported, with erroneous facts (which could have taken place for one reason or another - we can only guess why), as found in this link: 'Late' robbers kill insurance consultant
He's not an "Insurance Consultant" - He was a top ranking officer of an engineering consultancy firm. Is it always about robbery that crimes like this has to take place?

And his name's Meinard Pigao.


Comments

Rory said…
I just heard what happened, and I am deeply saddened. He was my classmate for a couple of years and although we never really interacted, I could never forget his name. No one deserves to be a victim of such heinous crime. May his family find justice and God grant his soul rest.
Betty said…
I was his officemate in UICI and I know that he's a good man. He's been a friend to me and to others, soft spoken and hardworking. I'm deeply saddened by this tragedy, my heart is with the family and friends was back home. May he find peace with our Lord. Hope justice will prevail soon.
Unknown said…
I was shocked when I received a text from my sister in the Philippines. His mom and my mom are very good friends. I feel sorry for his mother. He was the youngest in the family. My condolences to the Pigao Family.
Anonymous said…
Hi Jerome! Thanks for the post. This tragedy is crippling. You are absolutely right..it's unfathomable and evil. He's just been buried as of this writing and I really wish I was there to bid him farewell. We had a lengthy talk on the phone weeks ago. It was good, as usual, but didn't know it was our last. To this time, I am shaken and devasted just like most of us who have known and been close to this great man. I miss him immensely. And while justice won't bring him back to life, it sure will help heal the wounds inflicted on us all who loved and cared about him. We all pray for his peaceful return to our Creator. You take care of yourself over there in New York. Unfit to say, may you have a good Thanksgiving. God bless. - Noel H.
PS. Please call me when able. Thanks!
BrownBoi said…
Hi Jerome! Thanks for the post. This tragedy is crippling. You are absolutely right..it's unfathomable and evil. He's just been buried as of this writing and I really wish I was there to bid him farewell. We had a lengthy talk on the phone weeks ago. It was good, as usual, but didn't know it was our last. To this time, I am shaken and devasted just like most of us who have known and been close to this great man. I miss him immensely. And while justice won't bring him back to life, it sure will help heal the wounds inflicted on us all who loved and cared about him. We all pray for his peaceful return to our Creator. You take care of yourself over there in New York. Unfit to say, may you have a good Thanksgiving. God bless. - Noel H.
PS. Please call me when able. Thanks!  
Anonymous said…
Hello Jerome,

I am one of Meinard's many friends. It's amazing how this one man was able to spread his love, attention and time to all his family and friends. As soon as I heard the news, I didn't think twice travelling 11,000 miles to say goodbye. I've never seen so many people from all walks of life in one gathering. Meinard truly touched a lot of lives. Everybody said the same thing...how can somebody do this to a person who has such a pure heart? While we search for answers, we should continue to pray for his family to be strong. It's devastating to all of us but let's not forget the legacy that he left. He loved life. He loved his friends and family. He will continue to be a positive influence in my life even after his death...
dyerohmeb said…
Hello Anonymous
Thank you very much for the feedback. I could only wish you'd identified yourself one way or another so I can imagine who I'm talking with now. But that's just how many things are in life --including the death of Meinard....we pray & leave it up to God's most perfect wisdom to help us fathom what happened.

Best,
Jerome
Marilou said…
Hello Jerome,
I was the one who blogged earlier. I'm Marilou Ganzon from La Mirada, CA. Meinard and I have been friends since our UST days and I moved to U.S. in the 90's. We remained friends throughout these years and Meinard was never busy to see me when I am in Manila. My heart still aches and my mind couldn't stop thinking about what had transpired that evening of November 21st. You mentioned to find "Justice". I probably would pray for Peace. Peace for Meinard's soul, Strength for his family's broken spirit and Will, for his friends to continue remembering him the way he was. Justice will happen in due time...in His time. Thanks again for this blog.
Anonymous said…
Hello Jerome,
I was the one who blogged earlier. I'm Marilou Ganzon from La Mirada, CA. Meinard and I have been friends since our UST days and I moved to U.S. in the 90's. We remained friends throughout these years and Meinard was never busy to see me when I am in Manila. My heart still aches and my mind couldn't stop thinking about what had transpired that evening of November 21st. You mentioned to find "Justice". I probably would pray for Peace. Peace for Meinard's soul, Strength for his family's broken spirit and Will, for his friends to continue remembering him the way he was. Justice will happen in due time...in His time. Thanks again for this blog.
dyerohmeb said…
Hi, Malou (or is it Marilou?)

Thank you for responding back. I'm sure I heard your name from Meinard but we were never introduced---if I recall it right, your family was/is based somewhere in Marikina--Meinard would tell me whenever you're around for a visit in the Philippines as he had to find time to visit you.

I trust in God's plans, such that He has provided for so much peace for Meinard who is now closer to the Lord's bosom than any of us who are still alive. I could sense Meinard has peace now---it's us who are still very much around who need peace.

Justice will be served as soon as we the living work on it. We can't leave it alone on God's instructions---He has been doing so much already---it will take awhile, I believe, but by God's grace, justice will be served in due time on Meinard's death.

Best,
Jerome

Popular posts from this blog

Some Annoying Scam of a "GMAIL" Message Telling Me That My Email Address Will Be Deleted! The Nerve!!!

On Airplanes, Airports That I Love Going To......